Built in several phases between 1960 and 1980, the complex has been completely renovated and refurbished in accordance with stringent sustainability criteria. Alongside the full refurbishment of the interior, the two wings of the building have also been given a brand new facade. Thanks to various building technology solutions the energy consumption of the revitalized building has been reduced by 50-60% and CO2 emissions by 280 tonnes per year as compared to the former levels.
A photovoltaic plant on the roof supplies the greater part of the power required for the building technology, while an energy-optimized aluminium and glass facade and cooling ceilings combined with a 95 m³ cold storage cell ensure maximum energy efficiency. Alongside the full refurbishment of the interior, the two wings of the building have also been given a brand new facade.
The modern architecture with its clear, open structure, coupled with the high-end furnishings and facilities on site, creates an optimum setting for successful business.
In addition to the property management services provided by ÖRAG, the ÖRAG subsidiary ÖFM is responsible for facility management of the premises.
Incidentally, the site was already commonly known as the "Lände" ("quay") in 1890, when it referred to the landing stage for rafts and tugboats on the right bank of the Donaukanal.